Protect my business
We offer a comprehensive range of commercial insurance solutions across all business, farm and trade activities.
We can provide a range of online solutions, or we can provide access to our team of qualified and experienced authorised brokers.
Online Business insurance for trade, retail, hospitality and professionals
Whether you’re a tradie, an accountant, a café owner or sell clothes, at Bendigo Bank we can provide an online insurance solution for you.
Bendigo online business insurance offers:
- Immediate cover - with minimal paperwork
- Pay by the month option - with no additional charge
- Flexible cover - only pay for cover your need
- Documentation - including Certificates of Currency - issued electronically
Tradies are great at understanding the need to protect themselves at work but it’s really important to protect your business as well. Bendigo Bank Business Insurance can help you to do just that by providing you with covers that will protect the future of your business.
Public Liability Insurance covers your businesses liability for injuries to another person or damage to their property. The likelihood of being sued for negligence is unpredictable and could be costly. Our Public Liability Insurance covers your business against claims for negligent acts, which cause personal injury or property damage.
When you are in the hospitality business you want things to run smoothly and our Business Insurance Policy is designed to help you do just that. We offer cover for Cafe’s, Takeaways, Restaurants and more. Cover is easy and flexible to your requirements which means you can get on with what you do best every day.
Flexible insurance solutions are important or everyone. If you are an accountant, doctor, lawyer or another professional our Business Insurance has great features and benefits and you can choose the cover you want and don’t pay for insurance you don’t need.
Looking after customers is at the heart of every retailer’s business. Looking after retailers is something we can do. We can provide a tailored insurance solution to protect your shop, stock and contents and everything in between and we’ve been it as easy as possible for you to arrange.
You’ve invested in a commercial property portfolio and our Business Insurance Policy can provide you with the protection and peace of mind you need. It’s packed with great features and benefits and can be tailored so you get the insurance you need and don’t pay for insurance you don’t require.
Bendigo Bank Business Insurance can deliver protection for your home based business that may not be covered by a standard home and contents insurance policy.
Our Home Business Insurance is specifically designed to protect your business, so you can relax and get back to work. It is packed with great features and benefits and is flexible so you get the cover you want and don't pay for insurance you don't need.
What our Business Insurance covers
- Fire and Defined Events. Can protect you against loss or damage to your business tools, equipment, contents, stock or a
building in the event of a fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, impact including falling trees, malicious damage and storm damage at the business premises
- Burglary. Covers you from an unknown person(s) breaking into your premises, or the premises you are renting, and stealing your business stock, contents or equipment
- Money. Covers money being stolen from your premises
- Glass. Covers breakage to shop front windows, glass shelving or display cabinets, sign writing and advertising signs
- Public and Product Liability. Covers claims against you for negligent acts in connection with your business that results in personal injury or property damage to third parties
- General Property. Cover for your equipment and tools of trade against loss, damage or theft
- Personal Accident and Illness. Protects your business or family income should you suffer an injury or illness that prevents you from completing your normal work duties. This can provide cover for the self-employed where there's no access to sick leave
- Business interruption insurance covers the shortfall in gross profits caused by the interruption to a business from insured events, it helps pay ongoing costs and protects profit margins until the business is back on its feet and back at its profit level before the interruption.
- Commercial Motor insurance allows you to insure your different vehicles under one policy - from cars, trailers and caravans to goods carrying vehicles and mobile plant machinery.
We understand that every business is different and through our partnerships with leading insurers we can provide you with tailored insurance options that meet your need
As well as partnering with some of Australia’s largest insurers, Bendigo Bank also has its own dedicated authorised broker team. This provides access to a panel of alternative insurers, specialist underwriting agencies and international markets via Lloyds of London, and means we can provide a solution for all our customer’s insurance needs.
Questions about Business Insurance
- What is a defined event?
- What does Personal Accident and Illness cover include?
- What’s the difference between workers’ compensation and Broadform Liability?
- What’s the difference between Multiple Risk, General Property and Electronic Equipment cover?
- Why do I need Business Interruption cover?
- Why do you need to know the turnover of my business?
- Can I pay my premium each month?
- What are the most common claims for retail businesses?
- How much Public Liability insurance do I need?
- Why do tradies need public liability insurance?
- What sort of claims are covered by Public Liability insurance?
More about Business Insurance
How premiums are calculated
Understand some of the facts that are used to calculate insurance premiums
One of the most common risks for Australian businesses is underinsurance
Liability and Indemnity
Broadform Liability Insurance protects your business against legal claims